- Posted By Rebecca Bell
With the intent of flattening the ‘COVID-19 Curve’ and ensuring our hospital is well placed to assist those in need we are making further changes. Times have changed quickly and we are now finding an increasing number of occupiers refusing to allow access to our staff and service providers. Whilst this means some drastic changes to the way we live our lives, it doesn’t mean that we can’t continue to do business.
In the interests of continuing to facilitate the buying, selling and leasing of properties, yet protecting our employees, and more so, those at risk in our community, we’ve developed new work practices. This will ensure that when you do business with First National Real estate Broome, you can do so with a level of trust and certainty. Some things are out of our control, so we can never guarantee 100% safety of course.
Here’s what we’re doing to limit the impact of COVID-19 on our business and you:
- We can confirm that none of our staff have been overseas in the past month and none are currently sick or showing any signs or symptoms. Should our staff show any minor flu like symptoms they will be sent home to work and self-isolate. Our employees have the capabilities to work from home if required and if we need to implement this, it can be done immediately. We are looking after our staff over this period, and their ability to work from home, or recover, should they fall ill, will be accommodated. We will also be offering leave to our staff should they be required to care for a sick family member (this will include caring for parents who are in high risk categories or where staff have children that have their school closed).
- We are continuing to do Periodic Rental Inspections for the time being until such time as we need to postpone.
- Our front desk administrators and staff who interact with the public the most, will ensure hand sanitiser is on the front counter and won’t shake hands or touch the public.
- All our workstations will be regularly cleaned throughout the day, and will not be shared between staff.
- Any time we are required to enter a premises for sales or rental, we will ensure that all people entering the home, and those whose home it is, will be screened prior to the open home, with the following questions: are you sick or showing any flu like signs and symptoms, no matter how minor?Have you been overseas within the past two weeks? Noting that the self-isolation only applies to new arrivals.
- There will be no communal notepad, pen or tablet for people to sign in with at any inspections - our staff member will take record all details.
- We are avoiding sharing business cards and brochures - please view all details online.
- There will be no shaking hands or touching between our staff and those we meet with.
- We use DocuSign so most contractual meetings won't require a pen or paper.
- Virtual Open Inspections and Skype/VOIP/FaceTime walk throughs will be available should you be unable to attend in person. The vast majority of our owners and investors are interstate. As such these changes are minimal as we often conduct the management of your assets virtually.
A large majority of our owners and investors are not located in Broome so these changes would not be noticed. We have announced these measures to assure our clients and potential clients that we’re still open for business, and doing everything we can to make it a safe environment for our staff, clients, and those in the community. Thank you for your support and understanding.