- Posted By Rebecca Bell
An agent’s local experience and advice will help you establish a realistic expectation of your property’s market value. They’ll also know the most effective way of reaching all potential purchasers.
Selling any property can be a complex task but the right real estate agent will help make the process easier. Some people attempt to sell their home privately, however, fewer than five per cent of homes are
successfully sold this way.
Selling without an agent can be fraught with difficulty due to the emotion attachment involved and the negotiating tactics employed by some buyers. Estate agents employ data matching techniques that allow them to immediately notify potential buyers about your property; they use sophisticated technologies, and they know how to negotiate to maximise your price.
The additional money gained by an experienced agent using strategic pricing, effective marketing, and proven techniques certainly outweighs selling privately.
In summary, the role of your real estate agent is to:
- Provide a realistic market appraisal
- Consult with you on the best method of sale
- Recommend the most effective marketing plan
- Execute the marketing plan
- Advise how to best present your home
- Promote the property to as many potential buyers as possible
- Present all offers
- Negotiate with prospective purchasers to achieve the best offer
Our experienced sales team at First National Real Estate Broome can help maximise the sale of your property. Click here to arrange an up to date market appraisal of your home.