Our Leasing Agent is here to help you find exactly what you're looking for and can be contacted directly at any time by clicking here.
Our Application Process
Firstly, make an appointment with our office to view the property you are interested in. Once the property has been viewed and you would like to rent the property you will need to complete an Application Form and supply the appropriate documentation.
You can book an inspection on line or make an appointment with our office to view the property you are interested in.
After viewing, if you would like to proceed, you are required to complete an Application Form and provide to us identification and any supporting documentation that might be relevant to your application.
Each adult tenant that will potentially be residing at the property must complete an individual application form as well as providing identification.
Tenancy Application Forms are available from:
Identification and Additional Documents Required:
When submitting your Tenancy Application Form we require the following otherwise we cannot proceed:
- Photo Identification (e.g. Driver’s License; 18+ Card; Passport)
- Confirmation of your current/previous address (e.g. Rates Notice, Car Registration, Rent Receipt, Phone Account)
- Proof of Income (Payslip, Bank Statement, Centrelink Letter etc. If you have more than one source of income, please provide all details.
- Section 21 on the Form must be signed as this gives us approval under the Privacy Act to seek verification of your behalf of these details.
Once completed Tenancy Application Form plus supporting documentation can be submitted by:
- In Person – Hand the completed application with copies of your supporting documentation to our Reception
- Scan and email to our Leasing Officer [email protected]
- On line using 1Form
- At the viewing – hand to our Leasing Officer at the property (but you will also need to provide photocopies of the information noted above)
Processing your Tenancy Application Form:
We aim to offer speedy processing of your tenancy application where possible.
Applications are usually processed within 2 business days, provided you have supplied all of the information noted above. The process usually takes longer where we are waiting on return phone calls from referees or employers which can slow the process down. We recommend you supply written references at the time of your application to help speed up the process.
Once all information has been supplied:
Our Property Management Team will review your application, Identification and other supporting documentation. This process normally takes 24 – 48 hours however is subject to us being able to verify all of the references. The application will then be discussed with the Lessor. Our Property Management Team will contact you to advise you of the Lessors decision and if your application has been accepted.
As an Agent we have a legal obligation to the Lessor to ensure prospective tenants can fulfil the requirements of the Residential Tenancy Agreement. Please note the following:
- Previous rental reference from an agency are ideal but please provide us with their email address and contact number.
- If you have not rented from an agency, a reference from a private landlord with copies of receipts and proof of regular payments is ideal.
- If you have never rented and are a current home owner, we will require a copy of a recent rates notice. Ideally also contact details for the agent who may have sold your home or has rented it out on your behalf.
- Referees must be that of an employer and or people who are held in high regard in the community, not that of a relative or close friend.
- Proof of income, either pay slips (x 2) or Centrelink statements
- If self-employed - the last 2 years tax returns as proof of income, along with a business license number and company registration number.
- Proof of identity is required (e.g. driver’s license, passport, proof of age card, birth certificate)
- We will require your Next of Kin details
- Where an application is not able to meet the above criteria, the application may not be approved.
- All applications will be submitted to the landlord and the landlord’s decision will be final.
- Residential Status - if you are not an Australian Citizen, you will need to provide proof of eligibility to reside in Australia. A copy of your Visa will be required. (New Zealand not applicable).
If The Owner Approves:
The Property Manager will discuss your move-in-date and arrange for you to sign your Residential Tenancy Agreement within 3 business days of the acceptance. At this appointment we require you to pay an amount equivalent to two weeks rent to secure the property. The property will continue to be advertised until the lease has been signed and the 2 weeks paid. These monies will be receipted into our Trust Account as your first 2 weeks of your tenancy. We will then proceed to prepare the Residential Tenancy Agreement ready for execution at that appointment.
Moving into your New Property:
Prior to collecting the keys for your new home, you will need to pay the Security Bond in full and a Bond Lodgment Form will need to be signed.
The Security Bond payment must be cleared in our Trust Account before we can hand over keys. The Security Bond is equivalent to 4 weeks rent plus if a pet has been approved then an additional $260 is required. Security Bonds are lodged with the Bond Administrator until the end of the Tenancy.
There will be certain clauses in the contract that you will be required to meet and these can be explained by the Property Manager. Please allow a minimum of 30 minutes to go through all the necessary documents during the sign up appointment. The Property Condition Report and keys will be issued to you at that time.